POISONS ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (888)-426-4435 FOR MORE POISONS GO TO http://www.aspca.org/ PLEASE!
Here you will find a list of things that are Poisonies to your Babies Please always remember or refer back here to check for more at any time.
1. ANTIFREEZE - 1/2 teaspoon (4.9 ml) of antifreeze can KILL an adult Yorkie.
2. BONES - Never give your small dog a COOKED bone of any kind, any COOKED bone can be deadly and chicken and Turkey bones are especially DANGEROUS. Cooking a bone even for a few minutes makes the bone brittle, the bone will turn into sharp little shards that can rip through your BABIES (dog) stomach and intestines. If you must give your dog a bone make sure it is a raw bone, large enough not to get lodged in their throat, and stay with them and SUPERVISE untill you take it away.
3. ALCOHOL BEVERAGES - A very small amount of alcohol can cause alcohol poisoning in a small dog.
4. AVOCADOS - A toxic component called "persin" is the culprit. Dogs have DIED from eating avocados, the toxic dose is not yet known. It is best to avoid letting your pet eat ANY.
5. CHOCOLATE - The Darker chocolates are the MOST dangerous, but even milk chocolate can make your dog sick. Best NOT TO EAT ANY AT ALL.
6. COCO MULCH - Popular with some gardeners very Poisoness if your dog ingest it.
7. COFFEE - I LOVE IT BUT--- It includes your latte, the coffee beans, and coffee grounds. CAFFEINE can give your dog serious HEART and NEUROLOGICAL problems.
8. GRAPES and RAISINS - These seemingly healthy snacks (to us) have recently been proven to cause KIDNEY FAILURE in dogs. KEEP them away from your dogs and if they DO EAT some CONTACT your VET right away may be a MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Even those that have been raised organically and have no pesticides cause kidney failure in dogs.
9. MACADAMIA NUTS - As few as 6 nuts have caused SEVERE TOXIC reactions in dogs BEST NOT to GIVE them ANY NUTS of ANY KIND AT ALL .
10. MOLDY FOOD - SOME MOLDS CAUSE NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS.
11. ONIONS - DOGS DO NOT HAVE THE ENZYME NEEDED TO DIGEST ONIONS, SO EATING THEM CAN LEAD TO SEVERE GASTROINTESTINAL DISTRESS LARGE AMOUNTS CAN CAUSE YOUR DOG TO BECOME ANEMIC. GARLIC CAN HAVE THE SAME EFFECT.
12. YEAST DOUGH - WHEN YOUR DOG EATS RAW DOUGH IT WILL 'RISE' IN HIS STOMACH DANGEROUSLY STRETCHING AND EXPANDING IT ALCOHOL IS ALSO PRODUCED WHEN THE DOUGH 'RISES' AND THIS CAN CREATE ALCOHOL POISONING ALSO.
13. GREASY FATTY FOODS - YORKIES ARE ONE OF THE BREEDS PRONE TO PANCREATITIS; A FATTY SNACK COULD SEND THEM TO AN EMERGENCY CLINIC.
14. PAIN MEDICATION - INCLUDING IBUPROFEN - 1 REGULAR STRENGTH ( 200 MG ) IBUPROFEN TABLET CAN CAUSE STOMACH ULCERS IN A 10 POUND ( 4.5 KG ) DOG. DO NOT GIVE YOUR YORKIE OR SMALL DOG ASPRIN OR ANY BRAND NAME PAIN RELIEVER WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH YOUR VET FIRST.
15. PINE-SOL - I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN I LOVE TO CLEAN WITH PINE-SOL BUT IS HIGHLY TOXIC TO DOGS SO IF YOU MOP WITH IT MAKE SURE IT IS TOTALY DRY BEFORE YOU LET THEM WALK ON IT OR IT WILL SOAK IN THE PADS ON THE BOTTOM OF THEIR FEET GET IN THEIR BLOOD STREAM AND GIVE THEM TOXIC POISONING AND KILL THEM SO MAKE SURE IT IS TOTALLY DRY.
ASPCA ANIMAL POISON CONTROL CENTER -- STAFFED 24 HRS A DAY, 365 DAYS A YEAR, THEY DO CHARGE A FEE FOR A CONSULTATION, BUT THE STAFF ARE TRUE EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD TOLL FREE NUMBER IS ((888) - 426-4435
FOR A MORE DETAILED LIST OF POISONS OF ALL KINDS GO TO http://www.aspca.org/